Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Remember the worst rap ever?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DigMe, Apr 14, 2005.

1. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
  2. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    You obviously havent heard Bruce Lindfield's tribute to Vanilla Ice.

Its pile drivingly crap.

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Actually Bruce let me listen to that on his mp3 player. He claimed it was the worst rap ever while I stuck by the blublocker rap as the worst ever. We concluded our argument and after much post-debate analysis Bruce declared me unintelligent.

brad cook

4. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    +1

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    *nods*

brad cook

6. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    What is the difference between "good rap and bad rap"?, it all sounds like s@&*$ to me! :eek:

7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Bruce has won arguments with tape players in the past. But I don't think he can possibly do a worse rap than this.

8. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    You guys have OBVIOUSLY never heard this one joke of a recording that goes.....

"Youuuuu......You got what I neeeeeeed. But I swear she's just a friend. I swear she's just a friend"

Other than being off-beat, off-key (or, more accurately, touching on EVERY key) and having a voice like fingers on a chalkboard, I guess there wasn't really too much bad about it.

Anybody remember the "song" I'm talking about or remember who "performed" it?

James

9. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    That was "Just a Friend" by Biz Markie, a really great rapper who's been around for quite a while and is really well respected in the genre. He sang it that was for a laugh-he puts a lot of humor in his raps.

10. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Oh and Brad, the Chicago Bears Super Bowl rap from the eighties is FAR worse, if you've ever heard it. I think it was called the Super Bowl Shuffle or something.

11. JTbass

JTbass

Jul 2, 2004
    Asutin TX
    "so come bust a move where the games are played,
    its cool its hip its Noahs arcade".

you have to imagine Rob Lowe jammin to it to get the full efect.

12. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    All good contenders for 'worst rap' song. But they all do have redeeming qualities.

The beat for Blublockers is actually pretty decent, Biz Markie is much to affable too be considered the 'worst' and the Chicago Bears....well...they were football players.

Personally, the worst rap songs I've ever heard was the one by the Skate-boarding Dinosaur telling me not to litter. A close second is the group of 15-year old kids rapping about the blind spots of tractor-trailer trucks in a video I had to watch for driver's ed (this particular video had songs like these from every 80's genre: Hair metal, country, blues and new wave)

13. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    You know say daddy snowman ain't to blame. A licky boom boom down.

14. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    DigME... buddy.. i must point you to search section of this forum... as well as threat started by you here because i allready done this topic only week before... Thats right i would like to point you to exactly same topic... :D

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=174194

And i think i win... :ninja:

Copycat... :ninja:

:bag:

Cheers

15. tifa

tifa Padawan Bassist

Mar 8, 2005
    Blackburn, UK
    Worst rap I've ever heard?

Ron Jeremy's!

16. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Worst rap I ever heard?

Wait, have I heard good rap at all, ever? :eyebrow:

17. dbaser

dbaser

Jan 22, 2005
    Mobile, AL
    Worst rap ever?

1. Turn on MTV (any time of day, multiple times)
    2. That's the worst rap ever

To me, rap is just slang for repetition. There's nothing new. And all my favorite rock songs have been sampled and raped.

With that said, I say "Good Vibrations" by Marky Mark. Mark Wahlberg makes Vanilla Ice look like Dr. Dre. Even tho *he* sampled Bowie/Queen!

Peace. I'm out!

18. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
  19. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    biz markie, one of the most underatted rapers out there. that was a joke song he did. i saw him perform once. good live show.

snow-not rap
    marky mark-dance music with rhyming lyrics.