1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Remember this Japanese hairband?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by millsbass5, Apr 11, 2009.

1. thejrace

thejrace

Oct 3, 2008
    NYC
    I always thought loudness made some good metal, but apparently no one else did.

2. bigtexashonk

bigtexashonk Supporting Member

Roudness ...

3. "Rock'n'Roll" crazy nights. We are the heros tonight!" Cool band. I liked them. Always thought the guitar player was a Japanese Eddie Van Halen.

4. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA

HAHAHA! I thought it right before I read it!

5. thejrace

thejrace

Oct 3, 2008
    NYC
    I actually think the guitarist joined Dio's band at some poitn and then got his won band here in the states.

6. Snakeman1066

Snakeman1066 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Central Valley
    Akira Takasaki rules....

I was a huge loudness fan... being a Navy brat and being stationed near Japan as a teenager...

Japanese metal band formed in 1981 by guitarist Akira Takasaki and drummer Munetaka Higuchi. They were the first Japanese heavy metal act signed in the United States, releasing seven albums (3 in America) by the end of 1987 and reaching the Billboard top 100.

The line up has changed so many times i couldn't keep track guys from EZO, Anthem, X Japan and Fragile were in and out of the band as well as one of Yngwie's old frontmen Mike Vescera (yes they had an American Front Man for a couple of records)...when they tasted a little american success they started writing more radio friendly music and IMHO it killed them....lol

they are still going strong despite having recently lost Higuchi to cancer.....thay have a new record out called return to forever the have been recording over 25 years and 26 studio records to their credit.....

they recently opened for Motley Crue and The Sixx A.M. Project in Tokyo at the Saitama Super Arena

and for the record Akira has always been called the Japanese Eddie Van Halen he even cites Eddie as an Influence.....however having seen both in concert....I think Akira is the better guitarist and showman....he used to do backflips during his solos off the drum riser....

yes I'm a music geek...

"I actually think the guitarist joined Dio's band at some point and then got his won band here in the states."

Takasaki much like Tony Iommi and Sabbath has never disbanded Loudness and as far as i know has never played in any other band.....and has been the only original member to constantly stay in the band

7. I have 2 of their vinyl records in my closet... :bag:

:cool:

8. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    One of the best Heavy Metal band names ever. I never was a fan, but appreciated their obvious talent.

9. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I remember them! I had a cassette back in the day. :bassist:

10. i do beleive the guitar player your thinkin about is rowan robertson.

11. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    Great band!