remember this?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rockandroller, Dec 29, 2002.

1. A few months back, I ran a couple of polls here asking for input on body shapes... and shortly afterwards I sent a blueprint to my local Custom Shop :)

As you may recall, it was a headless shortscale comprised of a flamed ash body with a quilt maple top, and flame maple/mahogany/karelian birch neck-through with an ebony fretboard.

my final Corel design came out looking like this:

BTW: many thanks to all the helpful advice I was given by TB'ers!
  2. Anyway, after a delay when the electroplaters ruined the first bridge, and an even longer delay when the local EMG distributor informed us that their stock list was in error, and the parts 'set aside' for us months ago actually were not available - ITS FINALLY FINISHED!!!! (well, final assembly is now in progress...)

I am going to pick it up on Tuesday :)

here are the last two "work-in-progress" pics...

3. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars

That is a beautiful bass!

So, that is being made by a local maker in Moscow? Beautiful work no matter where it is.
  4. Jeremy_X

Jan 29, 2002
  5. Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Looks like they did a great job!
  6. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    That turned out great.
  7. Sorry if im nosy, How much will it cost?
  8. Misanthrope

Feb 7, 2002
    damn guy.. that`s a nice job...

it seem i have a lot to learn... i have a problems with making a finish on my spector... bleee... :(
  9. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

10. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    nice bass, but i wish you went with one of the more adventurous designs. :)

be sure to include more pics as the thing is finished.
  11. John, you mean it needs 7 strings!;)
  12. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Very Nice. Can't wait to see it on Tues!!!!
  13. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Gotta love that flamed ash! That thing is looking very nice.:)
  14. sigh....

my new bass wasn't "quite" completed when my wife drove by the shop to pick it up this afternoon (on her way home from the office) and since her schedule is rather booked up the next few days, she couldnt stick around for an hour or two for it to be ready!

So (thanks to the holidays here), it wont be getting picked up until friday or saturday :(

I 'could' get on the subway and go get it myself, but I dont want to risk checking that brand new nitro lacquer finish by exposing it to half an hour's walking (to and from the subway) in our current minus-28 degree weather! Its going to ride home in a nice warm car, for sure...

P.S. its -34 with the wind chill !
  15. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay

That sounds cold!

I wouldnt risk getting the finish checked either, but I gotta wonder, arent there other finishes like poly that you coulda gone with that wouldnt give you that problem? Especially if you live in such a cold place!

16. Misanthrope

Feb 7, 2002
    man, i see russia is still same snow hell as before.. good luck there then. I am so scared what next disasted will catch our country :-/

btw really nice job...
  17. hujo

Apr 18, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Man, nice bass, and I know how much it sucks living in cold places... Yesterday was -34 degrees here...
  18. Wow, it was a heatwave today, only -11 :)

Actually, i could have specified a urethane finish, i just like the lacquers a bit better! I'm not too worried about it normally, just a bit paranoid about my brand new "baby".

The builder phoned me yesterday evening, he was going to come and deliver the bass to my house personally, BUT I WASNT HOME!! (doh)

I'm gonna go get it tommorrow (Christmas AGAIN!)...
  19. odie

odie Supporting Member

Looks good!! reminds me of a Status.