Rememberance Day

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by BassGod, Nov 11, 2005.

1. BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    It's Rememberance Day in Canada today. I just wanted to make a small tribute to all of the brave men and women of Canada (and veterans of other countries) who gave their lives for the freedom we enjoy today. Thank you to all who fought for us, we will never forget your sacrifice.

Graeme :bassist:
  2. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

3. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Considering that I have had family in the Army, Army Air Corp, Navy, and Marines and have had one lost at war...

4. Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    We had our rememberance day yesterday in Britain, two minutes silence and of course the poppies were out in force. Having visited the WWI battlefields and cemetries this year, I was truly able to appreciate the emotion of the proceedings.
  5. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

While we do have many differences on current US policy abroad...

Canada has been there for the US when we needed you guys.

Thank You.
  6. This rememberance day was definately a different one for me here in Ottawa. I don't know if it made the news in the rest of the country but there was a rather sizable protest near the Veteran's Monument to show people's dissatisfaction with the supposedly seperatist Governor General. Some kid was asked by a news anchor what his opinion was on the protest. His answer was more or less "This isn't the time or place" and a veteran just started berating him and telling him to leave. The veteran was not satisfied until the kid took off his poppy and walked away. :scowl: The way I see it, Rememberance Day is a time to honour the memories of veterans, not to squabble over politics. It's also a shame that the Canadians who joined the American Army to fight in Vietnam are not being formally recognized. :scowl: