1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Remic D5400 LB (Green) Live Bass Microphone, Like New

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Bass Amps, Strings, & Accessories' started by Mark Gollihur, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Mark Gollihur

Mark Gollihur Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 19, 2000
    Mullica Hill, NJ
    Owner/President, Gollihur Music LLC
    Price:
    $500.00
    Note: I am a commercial user on Talkbass, but this is a personal sale not affiliated with my store - and it is not something that we carry at the store. I have specifically asked - and been granted - permission to sell this personal item here.

For sale is a like new Remic D5400 LB, (aka "Green" model for live use) complete with carry case and soft bag. If you're looking at this, you probably know what it is, and know that they go for around $700 direct from the manufacturer.

They describe/spec it as follows:

D 5400 for Double Bass/Upright Bass
    The D5400 is designed for studio and live productions and delivers a natural and open sound, an extreme accuracy and fast transient response that captures the finest and most delicate overtones of the instrument.
    High definition condenser microphone with superior feedback suppression and high isolation of nearby instruments.
    Since there are no clamps and clips in order to mount and hold the microphone, you will retain the aesthetic appearance of your instrument.
    • For studio & live performance of chamber, classical, jazz and folk music.
    • Superior gain before feedback.
    • Moderate suppression of neighbor instruments and ambient noise.
    • For moderate amplification of symphony orchestras, ensembles, bands and soloists.
    • The D 5400 needs 48 Volt of Phantom power
    • Frequency Bandwidth: 6Hz - 22 KHz
    • Max SPL: 164 dB
    • THD: 0.5% @ 144 dB (using 48Vdc)
    • Sensitivity: 3mV/Pa: (-50dB re.1V/Pa)
    • Self noise: -71dBu @ 20 deg C
    • Power consumption: 2mA

REMIC calls it a "Soundboard Area Microphone." It consists of a direct-balanced, high definition pre-polarized condenser element (Unidirectional/Omnidirectional). They say it has a half-spherical directional characteristic within its proximity/transition zone, with a -20db omnidirectional ambient zone.

To me, a hobbyist sound engineer, it sounds like they are saying it has a very close-up semi-circle where it gets most of its sound, with a reduced (but still present) area around the mic that provides ambience. Which makes sense, because that's pretty much how it performs. Nice directness, but with some open-ness, and not too much bleed. It is really nicely made and engineered, with a fabric-wrapped cord (nice touch!) to reduce microphonic vibration.

Why I'm selling: I purchased this for my own personal use and just haven't used it enough to justify owning it, so I'm passing it along to someone who hopefully will.

I will include free shipping to the USA.

This is a personal sale, so I'm only accepting PayPal to my personal account.

remic2.
    remic3. REMIC-D5400LB-Live-mic-for-double-bass.

Attached Files:

Ric Vice and Adam Booker like this.
  2. Adam Booker

Adam Booker Supporting Member

May 3, 2007
    Boone, NC
    Endorsing Artist: D'Addario Strings, Remic Microphones
    Great mic! GLWTS!

Ric Vice and Mark Gollihur like this.
  3. Mutribo

Mutribo Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2017
    Still have the mic?
    I'm very interested

4. Mark Gollihur

Mark Gollihur Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 19, 2000
    Mullica Hill, NJ
    Owner/President, Gollihur Music LLC
    I do. Still available.

5. Mutribo

Dec 10, 2017
    Perfect.
    Well i'm relatively new here in talkbass, so i don't know how to send you a private message to arrange the transaction.
    Any way let me know your paypal account number.
    P.S. i sent you a Facebook friend request!

6. Mutribo

Dec 10, 2017