Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Remind me to kill myself ... again.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bigfeet, Apr 1, 2002.

1. Well I tried out the Boss Bass Synth, yet again, with a slightly less biased view. Wow, it actually sounds good when you know what the controls do trying it out. The oscilators actually sound great for a digital device, incredibly fat sounding, and modern.

That's another thing that puts it up against my EH BMS, it has a very modern sound to it. The envelope filter (or Twah) sucks, but it's digital go figure.

I have to get one of these for my collection now, looks like a fun yet expensive one trick pony...

2. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    OK dude ....... Hey Bigfeet, 'member and kill yourself ......again.......?????

Did that help?????..............

3. Um... Gee thanks.

*Just a CPR thread for effects.*

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

4. jchikhale

jchikhale

Feb 25, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    i have an syb-3 also and the -1 octive effect is so fat. if you feel that your house is not being rocked enough by the synth, try this- run the synth set on the -1 octive setting through the effects loop of the q-tron and set the q-tron to low pass.

that is some serious house rocking bass.

i ran a form of that effect while covering the snoop dogg song Ladi Dadi at this fraternity party at USC last year- with the pro quality pa they had, i was rocking that entire neighborhood.