1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Remind me... what bass am I thinking of?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tempto, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Tempto

Tempto

Feb 28, 2012
    Last year I came across someone who produced certain basses that are... well, I cannot remember the details. But they have a very unconventional tuning and are meant to be played differently. There was a video on YouTube of a player playing this bass. He played serene music for a few minutes and would constantly adjust the tuning of the bass as he played.

If I remember correctly, the name of this bass starts with a Z or with an O or something of the sort. I cannot for the life of me remember what it's called. If you know what I'm talking about, you'll know its name :)

Thanks!

2. wraub

wraub

Apr 9, 2004
    ennui, az
    previated devert
    Sounds like Michael Manring and the Zon Hyperbass.

3. Tempto

Tempto

Feb 28, 2012
    Yes, that's it. Thanks :bassist:

4. tsar nicholas

tsar nicholas

Mar 28, 2012
    Phoenix
    ^ Manring's "The Enormous Room" changed my life twice

5. JIO

JIO Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 30, 2010
    Oceana (Pacifica) CA
    musician/artist/owner - Gildaxe
  6. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 17, 2010
    Houston Tx
    Owner/Builder @Hopkins Guitars
  7. JIO

JIO Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 30, 2010
    Oceana (Pacifica) CA
    musician/artist/owner - Gildaxe
    MM lives in Oakland - I've seen him a few times now and met him through a mutual friend. His technique/skill is mind-boggling but if you close your eyes when you listen it translates purely into incredibly beautiful music.