Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Reminder - you can post product reviews a TB!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by IvanMike, Feb 17, 2005.

1. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    this will only be a sticky for a few days........

just in case y'all forgot, TB has a gear reviews section (the link is to the right of the forum link at the top of the page). not only can you read what other TB members have said about various products, but you can post your own reviews of stuff as well. Posting stuff about your experience with amps and cabs in the amps forum is great, but if you can, take the time to post a breif review in the "gear reviews" area of TB. These can help others out a lot, and they don't end up getting "buried" like the threads do here.

2. Before I got addicted to the Forum, I posted a few reviews and read a bunch that helped me with many purchaces. ;)

3. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

I will after I get my EB Bongo! (2 months. I can't wait anymore! :hyper: ) And I'm planning a comparison with my Carvin BB75. :bassist:

4. Th9nker

Th9nker

Mar 18, 2002
    Yeah, we need to contribute more to them... there's not a lot there...

5. Happy MurphDay

Happy MurphDay

Mar 9, 2004
    around
    A little while ago, I talked with Paul("The Guy") about putting up a bunch of cabs, and amps with pics setup nice looking, like the bergs, edens, aguilars, etc, after a month of them up, people started writting reveiws, ill try to do more

6. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Posted two today. More to follow.

7. Happy MurphDay

Happy MurphDay

Mar 9, 2004
    around
    I uploaded a bunch of new products for the amps section, so if you see a product with no review, it was me, and if you own it...review it!

8. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    Thanks for the reminder, I almost forgot that the Gear Reviews section existed. ;) I've posted two reviews so far today, and I will have more coming soon.

9. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    thank you lock, you are my hero and my god. :p

seriously, i'm not a huge fan of sticky threads but i keep this one up here because i think the gear review section is one of the potentially most valuable and most under-contributed to sections of TB.

10. PlayTheBass

PlayTheBass aka Mac Daddy

Dec 7, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    Thanks, IvanMike. I've been wondering what the protocol is, since so many reviews are in the forums.

I uploaded the Schroeder 1210, and lifted my 0.000001% from the Schroeder mega-thread and pasted it in as a review. Hopefully that's cool.

On the specs, I thought it would be a good idea to add metric equivalents, too.