1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Remote Audition

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Ibanezzer, Apr 17, 2006.

1. Ibanezzer

Ibanezzer

Aug 12, 2004
    Dayton, Ohio
    So I'm all excited and feel like sharing so here's my story:

A few days ago I was contacted through Myspace by a drummer who was looking for a bassist for a band that he's with. I live about 30-40 minutes away from the group so its not really that far away. Anyways I responded back to the him and he had said that they already had another interested bassist who was jamming with them on wednesday (this was on sunday), anyways he wrote back to me earlier today and said that he talked with the band and they are going to listen to the other bassist and take a listen to some recordings I have (which I offered to send before) and make a decision on which one to have join the band. I would prefer to do an in person audition but I'm okay with not making a trip right now as they were more interested in this other guy at first. (I think they probablby just sent messages to several people on myspace, it just was real personalized so I responded). Anways after a mad recording session in my home studiio, about three hours later, I have my finished material done. I just emailed it to this guy and am posting on here to get some feedback as this is really my first audition (though I've played alone for about 2.5 yrs and am currently in a band right now--interested in a second one as the present is not all that motiviated and this second band is really serious and has done tons of gigs before. Anyways I recorded myself playing two "commercial" songs, meaning that they are done by other groups--I did hysteria by the muse and ugly by the exies to just kinda show two different styles and tones. The I did three recodings of orginal work that I've been working on for a little while now and also did a recording of me playing along with one of their songs from myspace (that i mixed it out, they song on the left, myself on the right in the stereo image of it).

Anyways i'm really excited about this and hope all goes well. I've been playing for a while now and more recently bought gear to be ready for the "band/gig" scene and am just dying to play out and stuff. You can only play in your bedroom for so long and it just gets annoying to just be kept in all the time like that. Also my plan is to stay with the present band in addition to this if I make the cut. My present band isn't taking much time away as its just friends who more or less kinda screw around and get some music work done throughout the night. This other group practices twice a week which isn't bad as that's more what i'd like to do anyways.

Wish me luck and please post up any feedback so that I may learn from this experience, thanks guys.

David.

2. cheers and good luck.

3. rylche

rylche

Oct 27, 2005
    Singapore
    good luck!