Remote Platform

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by bkberwanger, Apr 8, 2020.

1. bkberwanger

bkberwanger

Jul 6, 2012
    Cincinnati
    I am an electric & upright player in a trio. We are looking for a platform to record remotely in each of our homes during the quarantine. We'd like to post some videos on social media. I'm looking for something free online that doesn't require an interface but still produces a decent quality.

I know I might be looking for a unicorn, but this is my first foray into all of this and in need of suggestions.

Thanks to all in advance

2. AceOfBassFace

AceOfBassFace

Jun 23, 2019
    Toronto
    You'll need an interface to get sound from your instrument into the computer. Cheapie ones are $40 - $200 range (CDN). If you all get the same one, they usually come with a free DAW so you can get recording and share tracks back and forth.

Reaper.fm is an easy-to-use, fully-featured DAW and is free right now until July.

I just picked up an M-Audio Air 196/4 that was $150 CDN and is fairly decent sound-wise, for the same reason as you. It comes with protools 'first' edition which would probably suit your purposes.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2022