1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Removal of Bass Track from any song

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by anythingoes, Oct 5, 2013.

1. anythingoes

anythingoes

Oct 5, 2013
    Hi everyone, I'm completely new to playing the bass and without a band to back me up, I would need to learn how to remove the bass track from songs that I would like to fill in the bass line myself ( or at least attempt .... ).

Would anyone have any experience with isolating and removing the bass track of any song that I may have downloaded ( including those that I rip from CDs ) ?

PS : I'm looking for a solution better than just turning down the bass on an equalizer.....

2. topo morto

topo morto

Mar 22, 2010
    Lloegyr
    It all depends how the bass is mixed.

For some tracks, using a sharp high-pass filter may well be the best way.

If the bass is mixed mono and panned centrally, flipping the phase of one stereo channel will get rid of the bass (and probably other things too!)

There's also Celemony melodyne.

3. Metalbasspro

Metalbasspro

Feb 9, 2009
    There are certain songs on youtube with bass removed. Probably not the ones you want tho.

4. Garyth

Garyth Now What ..?

Sep 9, 2013
    Punta Gorda Florida
  5. topo morto

topo morto

Mar 22, 2010
    Lloegyr
    Just as a NB, "All backing tracks and cover version on this website is re-recorded and does not use in any form the original music or original vocals or any feature of the original recording." Still very impressive though.

6. Garyth

Garyth Now What ..?

Sep 9, 2013
    Punta Gorda Florida
    Yeah, I probably should have stated that. I was figuring anyone curious would look around first. I picked up a few tracks from there and was impressed by the quality - however it is always possible that it's slightly different then original work.

It should still do for OP's needs (assuming the music is on there). A chance to play his own bass to the song without reducing anything else.

7. topo morto

topo morto

Mar 22, 2010
    Lloegyr
    I was very impressed by the quality. Never seen that kind of thing before. I went to the site expecting it to be rendered MIDI...

8. BassGuyFL

BassGuyFL Formerly known as RichardCranium Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Boynton Bch FL
    I use that site for our backing tracks the quality is pretty decent. I download all the tracks separate including the click, edit them in audacity and save to a 320 mp3.