Remove logo from Babicz/Full Contact Hardware bridge?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by RedHotFuzz, Apr 28, 2014.

1. RedHotFuzz

RedHotFuzz

Mar 16, 2014
    I'm getting ready to start a Warmoth SS build and the Babicz Full Contact Hardware bridge (in chrome) just arrived. I understand that, like any manufacturer, they want some company branding on their product. That said, I dislike the large/very obvious logo on this bridge (at least the bridge no longer has "Pat Pend" written on it as well). Is there any way to remove the logo? I can't tell by feel if it's etched into the metal or if the logo is silkscreened or some other type of surface application. Has anyone tried removing this logo with any success?

(I'll probably also try to remove the EMG logo from my GZR pickups, but that should be an easier endeavor.)

2. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    I haven't but I would contact Babicz they are some great folks over there I'm sure they would be happy to help.

3. RedHotFuzz

RedHotFuzz

Mar 16, 2014
    I suppose I could do that but I doubt they'd be thrilled about helping someone remove their only visible branding from their product. :bored:

4. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 17, 2010
    Houston Tx
    Owner/Builder @Hopkins Guitars
    Its laser etched, so short of having it re-chromed, I don't see a good looking way of doing it.

5. RedHotFuzz

RedHotFuzz

Mar 16, 2014
    Yep, that's what I was afraid of. :rollno:

Thanks for the info.

6. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 17, 2010
    Houston Tx
    Owner/Builder @Hopkins Guitars
    I wouldn't let it bother me, they are amazing bridges

7. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    You could mask everything but the top strap where the logo appears, then take it to your friendly neighborhood memorial company and get them to run it through their sandblaster. It will turn the polished finish to a more flat,textured look, but it should obliterate the babicz logo in the process. If it's your typical ABC (aluminum, brass, chrome) finish, there is nothing there to rust but it's not going to be shiny any more and there is no going back once it's done.

8. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I came to post the same thing.

9. I am currently nutting out the final details of a full Warmoth build myself, and I love this bridge but the massive logo is off-putting. I was thinking of painting that part of the bridge black and engraving my name back through to the metal on it.
    I would leave the logo on there if it was more tastefully done, but it grabs my attention in the wrong way, LOVE everything else about the bridge though.

10. Nev375

Nev375

Nov 2, 2010
    Missouri
    stock-photo-closeup-of-a-hand-operated-label-maker-label-tape-says-label-it-107847.jpg
    You could use one of these and make a little label to stick on over it.
    It might say....

RedHotFuzz's Awesome Bass
    CUSTOM
    Serial #: 000000000000001
    Limited Edition
    Definitely NOT a Babicz bridge.
    BADASS BASS II

whatever.....

Grizz33 and RedHotFuzz like this.
  11. fhm555

Feb 16, 2011
    When I was younger I had a friend who had a little GTS Dart with a really hot factory 340 in it and he made a sticker with one of those to stick on the bottom of his speedometer that read "don't go over 120 in second gear"

12. RedHotFuzz

RedHotFuzz

Mar 16, 2014
    Absolutely. "Hey, sweet bass. It's a Babicz, eh? Never heard of them."

That logo needs to be taken down about 8 font sizes.

13. fhm555

Feb 16, 2011
    Really? I never see it when I'm playing my babicz equipped little MIM J :D

14. 18mmBeige.jpg
    2178.jpg
    cheaper than dymoooo

Grizz33 likes this.
  15. babaseen

babaseen Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2001
    Boston, MA
    They may be great folks but I would question them having decent customer service. I have been sending them an e-mail every week and leaving a voice message every other week trying to get the status of an order I placed with them in March. Almost two months and nothing??? In regards to the OP's question, the chrome and gold versions will be hard to cover, black may be easier with some spray paint

16. Steveaux

Steveaux Safe-Guardian of the Stoopid Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2008
    The Wilds of NW Pa.
    th?id=HN.607989467411776141&pid=15.jpg

sissy kathy and RedHotFuzz like this.
  17. I'm an advertising planner by day, and after many years of putting ads in people's faces I HATE seeing obvious logos on stuff I paid for, won't stand for it...so much of my stuff (including my headstocks, amp faces, etc) has electrical tape on it hiding logos...I recommend.

StayLow likes this.
  18. AltGrendel

AltGrendel Squire Jag SS fan.

May 21, 2009
    Mid-Atlantic USA.
    The top one:

[​IMG]

It'll look better than you think.

Last edited: May 8, 2014
  19. RedHotFuzz

RedHotFuzz

Mar 16, 2014
    Looks heavy. :(

20. AltGrendel

AltGrendel Squire Jag SS fan.

May 21, 2009
    Mid-Atlantic USA.
    Not really, I put one on my Jag SS. No issues, and you can always return it.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021