Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Remove tint from rear lights

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by basspunk2005, Sep 7, 2005.

1. basspunk2005

basspunk2005

Jan 31, 2005
    England UK
    On my car I got black tint on the rear lights and I would like to know what I can use to remove it. cheers

2. basspunk2005

basspunk2005

Jan 31, 2005
    England UK
    if somebody could give me a reply that would be cool. I have allready tried white spirit, and also nail polish remover. One of the two seemed to of cracked the tint which is a start, but neither have removed it. I need a quick reply

3. http://www.tintdude.com/remove.html

google is your friend. Not sure how well this will work on plastic though.

Why do you have to remove it? Too dark? Trouble with Johnny Law?

4. basspunk2005

basspunk2005

Jan 31, 2005
    England UK
    It used to be my bros old car and he put the tint on it. Now its mine i would prefer it too be back to standard so I dont run the risk of getting into any bother over them. Also its not tint you stick on and peel off, its Spray tint

5. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Spray tint can't be removed from plastic as far as I know. You'll need to replace the rear light inserts. Spray tint can be scrapped off glass but it takes forever and replacement is usually preferable.

Sorry.

6. basspunk2005

basspunk2005

Jan 31, 2005
    England UK
    Cellulose Thinners - I been looking around diff forums, and a lot of people have said that if you use Cellulose Thinners itll come off easily. Down to halfords tomorrow

7. basspunk2005

basspunk2005

Jan 31, 2005
    England UK
    well looks like i wont get the thinner as it melts the plastic lol so ill go and buy some new lights woo hoo