Removing animal hair from a cab's carpet

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TalBass, Jan 24, 2004.

1. I finally found a great way to get rid of animal hair on cab carpets. We had an outside gig the other day and my cabinet was covered with cat and dog hair and really trashy looking. I was working on the carpet with a soft brush, picking out the hair that the brush didn't get (most of it), and complaining all the while. My wife noticed what I was doing and suggested something that she read about in some works like a charm!

Get a pair of those big rubber gloves that are used around the house to do cleaning, scrubbing, etc. They're usually yellow for some reason. Anyway, put one on, rub the cabinet, and the hair comes off! It doesn't harm the carpet in the least, and it's quick, easy, and just about 100 percent effective.
  2. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    Does that method work for beer and puke, too?:D
  3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Thanks for the tip!

I just bought some used PA speakers from a cat lover... I took some 2 in. wide masking tape and made some hand sized loops, adhesive side out, and kind of rolled them over the surface.

Your way sounds even better.
  4. I just cover one whole side with masking tape, and then pul the whole strip off, apply it to the other 4 sides and it works like a charm, uses a lot of masking tape but it's really quick... There's always some left over, but for the most part it gets most of the hair off.
  5. Bass7755

Bass7755 Supporting Member

Oct 27, 2000
    Roanoke, Va.
    Here's another idea. We have two
    Golden Retrievers and I have an
    Epifani cab. The two don't mix.
    My wife has one of those roller
    things that you roll over your
    clothes to get lint off with. I
    had my first gig with the Epi and it
    looked like crap and she was rolling
    that thing over her black jeans.
    I was bitching about how bad the cab
    looked she said "hey try this".
    Man it worked like a charm. You
    can get them at Wal-Mart for a
    buck or two. I should keep one in
    my gig bag!:D
  6. I use a vacuum, but don't listen to me my ideas are very unconventional.
  7. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Clinician: EA, Zon, Boomerang, TI. Author "The Art of Solo Bass"
    Get rid of your current cabs and get an EA :D

8. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    When I saw the threads title I thought of that advice you gave me last night. Im going to have to try it with my cabs next chance I get.

Ps: I havent tried that cab yet, but I can at least say it looks great.:)
  9. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Can I suggest you all use Bill's technique to remove lint from your clothes. It works better than the rollers.
  10. Duct tape works for me...It's always handy, and...The lint roller companies should get a little of that adhesive for their rollers, They'd sell alot more, I stopped buying the rollers and bought duct tape for the purpose...
  11. Bass7755

Bass7755 Supporting Member

Oct 27, 2000
    Roanoke, Va.
    will try the tape....but the roller
    works pretty good for me. It
    gets most of the hair off and its
    quick(ouch).:bawl: :eek: :meh:
  12. I wish you told me this when I bought my amp. I think I spent over a half hour picking each individual cat hair off of it. :bawl:
  13. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Or you could just get a tolex cover cab. :p