1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Removing Knob on Eden WT800

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Andy Flees, Apr 3, 2013.

1. I was just wondering....what is the safest way to remove a knob on an Eden head? Are they glued on or something?

2. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    IIRC, they just pull straight off, no set screws, and they are not glued on, just splined pot shafts; that's how they were on the WT400 I had in the late '90s.

3. Thanks, Jeff! I carefully removed one with a pair of pliers. I just didn't want to crack it if it was glued. Came off pretty easy....it wasn't lined up properly and it was bugging me.

4. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    Crowbar works well too. :)

5. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Something I did on my WT400 was replace all the colored caps on the knobs to black ones as I was not fond of the "kindergarten" look of the amp. :bag:

The caps just pop off; I think I still have them if you want to do the same, not enough for all the knobs on your amp but it may help anyway to make the amp look more professional, IMHO. You could use the gray ones for the gain and master controls (or, perhaps the gray knobs could be for the two crossover controls) and the black for all the rest of them. Let me know and I'll look for them. :cool: