1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Removing s-1 switch

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by HMZ, Dec 14, 2006.

1. HMZ

HMZ

Dec 21, 2003
    USA-Mineola
    If I want to remove the S-1 button on my Fender P-bass what is involved? What type of volume pot do I need and how do I rewire it?

2. HMZ

HMZ

Dec 21, 2003
    USA-Mineola
    bump

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    It's really easy. Take a look on Fender's site, and you can find a wiring diagram of the bass. Then just change the diagram to look like the stock (no S1) version.

BTW, if you are getting rid of the pot and switch, I want dibs!

4. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
  5. Why not just not use it?

6. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Some don't like it. Me? I love it

7. Ive got one on my modded banger bass and love it too.

What i was meaning is if you dont like it, just dont use the switch? Instead of going to the expense of replacing the pot.

Or just get a standard fender knob if it fits on the S1 pot?

8. HMZ

HMZ

Dec 21, 2003
    USA-Mineola
    Thanks Trevorus for the info. I may not do it just to keep it original but the reason I was thinking of doing it was I don’t use or like the s-1 switch. My thinking was by replacing the s-1 switch with a new pot it would make for nice simple circuit.

9. knowing how to bypass the switch is probably good info, if the switch should fail. But don't modify it, even if you don't like it. Your tastes could change in the future and it really is