Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ren and Stimpy fans?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mybluespector, Apr 7, 2004.

1. mybluespector

mybluespector

Mar 22, 2004
    Joplin, Mo
    Man this was the best cartoon that has come out in the last 20 years! It doesnt compete with old school stuff like buggs but it is awsome! And they r also showing old classics on the mens channel late at night! I think the channel is called spike?

2. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Yeah, Ren and Stimpy was fun. Haven't seen it in years. I still think South Park and Family Guy are at the top of the new cartoon heap. I also dig Samurai Jack.

3. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Yeah, Spike TV runs it at like eleven or something. That's a great show.
    YOU EEEEDIOT!!! ;)

~Graeme

4. i was a fan of Ren and Stimpy as well as Daria, Pete and Pete and some other cartoons not running any more. I like most of the new stuff on adult swim as well, ATHF, Sea Lab 2021, Home movies...

5. One thing I still don't understand right now about Ren & Stimpy. I used to watch that show all the time on Nickelodeon. Now that it's back on TV, it carries a "Mature Content" warning with it, though the cartoons don't seem any more vulgar or obscene than they used to be...***?

6. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Perhaps they are worried that Ren will have a "costume malfunction".

ZING!!! Thank you, I'll be here all week! :D

7. I liked it when I was 12, but now that i watched it again I realized 90% of it is really unfunny.

8. Ditto. I liked the song about Canada though, I can't remember how it goes, only that it was about how to be an honourary mountee. You had to put your hand on the screen over Stimpy's hand and sing the mountee song. I never did it. I regret it now. :crying:

9. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Hehe...that Mounty song was great. I just saw it again for the first time in years, and loved it. Very much the opposite of seeing Beavis and Butthead for the first time in years...I don't know how I liked that. Ren and Stimpy is still great, though! I can't wait to see more old ones to see Muddy Mudskipper, Mr. Horse, and Powdered Toast Man again. OH! And LOG!

10. tappel

tappel

May 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    The original Ren and Stimpy's (before John K got the boot) were great.

Stimpy's voice was done by Billy West who was doing his best Larry Fine (of the Three Stooges) impression. Stimpy=Larry.

Trivia: what voice did Frank Zappa supply?

Tom

11. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    that wasn't a cartoon

12. grovest

grovest

Feb 26, 2002
    Oregon
    Yes, I love Ren and Stimpy, too! I'm so glad that they are back on air.

One thing that might answer Almighty Bass's question: Not only is Spike airing the old episodes, but they have signed on the original creater of the series to make new episodes! The first new episode was even more vulgar than the original ones.

13. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Shut up, you look STEWPID!

My favorite is the one in which they're trying to get to some hog jowls cooling in the window. Ren has Stimpy check the back yard for dogs, and Stimp reports back that there are no dogs. He doesn't bother to mention the frenetic baboon (a mandrill, actually, not unlike the adjacent avatar), which ultimately falls in love with a puppet on Ren's hand.

14. Mario Lewis

Mario Lewis

Jul 6, 2001
    Clinton, MD
    Does anyone remeber the Brother's Grim? Little grimmacing creatures taht were al brothers but they didn't say much and got into stewpid situations all the time?

That was a definite classic!

15. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    this one took me some time (had to break out a bunch of the vhs tapes haha)

but the answer is : The Pope

16. mybluespector

mybluespector

Mar 22, 2004
    Joplin, Mo
    Yes that was a great one! I also love the happy happy joy joy song! I always said if i found a person that didnt like ren and stimpy that it would be a good guess that i wouldnt get along with them very well! LOL You guys remember the one were they trade places with the ugly babies? My question is the dad who you never seen always wore some kind of plastic condom thing on his knees! What the heck r those things anyone? :confused: