1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rental Prices and Gear Tagging

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by prater, Jun 4, 2012.

1. prater

prater

Aug 4, 2011
    I just took over as manager of a large rehearsal studio where I discovered a room full of misc. gear (amps, drums etc.) the studio has collected over the years that was abandoned by tenants who couldn't pay their rent. So all this gear belongs to the studio now. I want to start a back line service for my hourly rooms and maybe eventually transition into gear rental but I have no idea what to charge.

I'm also interested in the best way to mark the gear (especially cables and mics) as belonging to the studio to deter theft.

Any ideas?

2. Along with engraving stuff with both your business name, also tag them with a number (eg Mic #1, #2, #3, etc) and whenever you rent out make a copy of the driver's license of the renter so if someone becomes overdue the cops know where to look.

Peace,
    Greg

3. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    Ask for a deposit when they check out gear. When they return it and you confirm it working, give the money back.

Write good contracts :)