1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rentals in Virginia Beach Area

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Cardigans And Machetes, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Anyone know if there's a place to rent a quality upright bass in the Virginia Beach / Hampton Roads Area? If not, any place that would rent to an out-of-towner that's not too out of the way?

2. Seanto

Seanto

Dec 29, 2005
    USA
    I am in the Richmond VA area. While searching for a place to rent i had a lot of trouble, but you may have more options in VA Beach. Called some local places, only two places rented basses. One was a little violin shop in Richmond, but they didn't have a bass available for me so i was on a waiting list. Ended up having to settle on a chain music store, Music & Arts. I believe they have a VA beach location. The bass is a Strobel, seems decent enough. Came with a decent setup, glasser bow, and soft case. They had the bass shipped in to the store, i think about a week lead time. Cost is $75-80 with maintenance/insurance plan, less if you go without.

They usually rent to kids, so it may be an interesting convo with the staff. :) Took them a few minutes to realize the bass was for ME!

3. yeah we have Music & Arts here as well. I'll check it out, thank you!