Rented Troy last night

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Eric Cameron, Jan 12, 2005.

1. Now, I saw it in the theaters, and thought it was good. But that's all changed now, since I saw one of the most glaring hostorical errors every seen in a movie.

There's a freakin' LLAMA on set!! And not just one, but TWO!!

Llamas are new world. Greece is not.

If you want to look for yourself, it during the scene where all the Trojan citizens are running into the city. The aforementioned animals are on the bottom left of the screen, being led by a short man in a skirt.

Yes, I know that it was all filmed in Mexico, but they could have subsituted goats and been fine. No, they had to use llamas!! Damn llamas.

Rock on
  2. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Let me get this saw a movie and you thought it was good until you noticed that it had llamas in it?

brad cook
  3. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    These high budget/big stars historical movies are usually pretty bad. I tried watching Gladiator once, and it was awful, how does Russel Crowe get work? Best not to waste time and money on them unless you rent them for fun.

Braveheart was pretty good however, but Historically incorrect as well.
  4. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Yeah I typically watch to be entertained or intellectually stimulated...not to learn history although there's a certain point where I'd have to say...ok that's stupid. Like if it was a serious movie about..say...Ghengis Khan and he's about to go fight but then he's like "Hold on a sec" and he bends over and starts pumping up his Reebok pumps. Now if that movie starred Leslie Nielson as Ghengis Khan it would be OK but not in a serious movie. Yes I realize that's my second Ghengis Khan reference today. I guess I'm a Khan man.

I thought Gladiator was way overhyped and derivative as well. A clunker for Ridley Scott...but it did well financially. If you want to know how Russell Crowe gets work i'd direct you to The Insider, LA Confidential or A Beautiful Mind. He was very good in those roles.

brad cook
  5. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    My two big problems were:
    1. they all are speaking ENGLISH. I mean the language didn't even exist. They weren't even speaking it in the British Isles!

2. it was on film, which we ALL know hadn't been invented.
  6. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX

brad cook
  7. Okay, okay, I know when I've been Fuqua'd. But my point still stands.

Rock on
  8. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I hate that they talk like 20th century smart asses... Especially in reference to sex... very in authentic... and way too much brad pitt ass...

and friggin A... all they do is tease you with boobies, but never give you any... but hey, here is 10 minutes of brad pitts ass!
  9. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    You're pretty much used to that though, aren't you Money?!

brad cook
  10. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Seeing llamas shouldnt make the movie bad. The movie sucked without the llamas anyway.
  11. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    Why does everyone on the internet hate movies?

and I saw it I think they were camels, but you could be right.

but not enough boobs to make it a great history style flim for me:D
  12. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I love movies!

brad cook
  13. no such thing
  14. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Mr. Pitt IS quite the stud, after all.

Never saw it -- two of my friends (keep in mind, these guys are total LOTR nuts and have done more than one extended-edition marathon) fell asleep during it. More than once. I'll take that as a good enough indicator that it blew.
  15. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I guess you missed this thread: Troy.

What a wretched film. Ugh.