Renting a bass in Bozeman, Montana

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by unbrokenchain, Jul 23, 2018.

1. unbrokenchain

unbrokenchain Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Black Mountain, NC
    Did a little Florida tour stint in February as a duo with a singer-songwriter, a guy in the audience who bought an album down in Key West apparently likes the disc so much that his wife is flying us out to their home in Bozeman, Montana to play at his surprise 50th birthday party. Which I think is pretty cool.. So, I'm flying out to Montana on Monday. But, I think flying with my Kay is out of the question..

Just thought I'd ask here before I start calling around to the music stores there, anyone have advice as to renting a bass in Bozeman, or know someone who lives there who might be game?

2. unbrokenchain

Jun 8, 2011
    Black Mountain, NC
    Got one reserved at Music Villa. Bringing my pickup and bow (here's hoping they let me bring it on the plane wrapped in bubble wrap and taped to a guitar fretboard).

3. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Gold Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    Break a leg

unbrokenchain likes this.
  4. unbrokenchain

Jun 8, 2011
    Black Mountain, NC
    Thanks, was a great trip. Music Villa was super easy to work with and the folks there treated me very well. The bow made it there and back intact, though I didn't end up using it, couldn't seem to get a good arco sound out of the Palatino with mystery strings.. :) But no complaints, for a hundred bucks I was happy to have anything to play. Montana rocks, everyone was too stinkin nice. Not sure I could hang with the cold in the winter, but I might be willing to try sometime. Even got to do a little bit of the Yellowstone tourist thing.

BobKay and pcake like this.
  5. salcott

salcott Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2007
    NYC, Inwood.
    You might want to invest in a bow case someday. They're not expensive.

6. unbrokenchain

Jun 8, 2011
    Black Mountain, NC
    Heard that. Normally it's just fine in the soft case with my bass, but if someone wants to fly me somewhere to play again, ha, I'll spring for it for sure. Glad I did it this way, the family out there gifted me a nice mandolin but no case, I ended up packing guitar, bass bow, and mandolin all in one soft case on the way back and was able to fit it under the seat in the airplane, no checked bags needed.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021