1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Renting a bass in San Diego area

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by traviswhendrix, Oct 26, 2015.

Tags:
  1. I'm going to be traveling to the San Diego area soon to play in a theater production, and I'm looking for a good place to rent a good double bass for 6 1/2 weeks. I was wondering if any of you could recommend a place/person that rents good basses in that area? I would much prefer a fully carved instrument, but any leads are appreciated. Thanks!

2. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Lemur music isn't too far from SD and they would probably be your best bet
    Louis

3. Tom Lane

Tom Lane Gold Supporting Member

As far as I know, Lemur is the only bass shop near San Diego, about an hour's drive on the 5, on the South side of Irvine. For comparison, it takes roughly 2 hours to drive between LA and SD, depending on where and when you're going. If you're willing to drive to LA, then Lisa Gass at LA Bassworks is probably your best bet, but Stein On Vine is another good option.

4. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Tom,

Does Hammond Ashley still have a shop in SD?

Louis

5. Tom Lane

Tom Lane Gold Supporting Member

I don't know. I did a quick search to see if there was anyone else I recognized and only found a violin shop.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 10, 2021