1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

renting in NY city

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by derridiandrift, Nov 19, 2010.

1. NYC bassists... hook me up with a contact for renting a bass when I'm in town.

I'm playing in NYC at the end of December for three nights. Backline is being supplied. Because of the routing and scheduling of other shows closer to home immediately before and after NYC, I'm looking into whether it makes more sense to have them rent a bass for me in NYC instead of flying with one. This is typically an "upright" gig, but I'll just go with a 4 string electric (ie. p-bass) to make things simple and affordable.

Tell me who to call to get hooked up for a few days!!

2. Sliderbass

Sliderbass Dr. Bass, The best cabinet you'll NEVER own!

Would be my first guess...

3. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    Try these people:

SIR New York

They've got the best reputation in town... :meh:

MM

4. Hoover

Hoover Banned

Nov 2, 2007
    New York City
    ...which is easy since they're kinda the only option in town, ever since Carroll Musical Instrument Rentals closed shop.

5. I guess I was actually asking "besides SIR" who could I rent from? I was thinking there might be a smaller operation that needs the support.

6. Tonegasm

Tonegasm

Mar 22, 2010
    NJ
    Maybe an NYC TB'er will be cool enough to loan you one?