1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Renting

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by TizzleNizz, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Can anyone tell me a good place to do rentals?

i called most the music store and school, and they either dont rent basses, or dont have enough, or have a minimum of 12 months rental.. and since i wont be here that long, i cant get it..

oh by the way, i'm in Madison Wisconsin

2. FidgetStone

FidgetStone

Jun 30, 2002
    Allen, TX
    Tizzel,
    I have no idea of where specifically to rent in Madison, but I can tell you from my own experience that renting is a very sound idea. (pun intended) Renting will help you develop your ear for the sound that you are looking for and give you a great point of reference as to the sound and playability of other basses if you decide to purchase in the future.

Do an internet search on "luthier AND Wisconsin" and I am sure you will get some hits. Also check out Bob G.'s luthier list at www.urbbob.com.

Good Luck . . .

3. Thanks for the tip. i'll check out his site and keep you guys updated.

4. sejarus

sejarus

May 8, 2002
    Milwaukee
    I'm in Milwaukee. Beihoff Music is a local chain here. I rented a cello from them for 3 months a while back. I assume they do the same thing for bass. I would think other music stores that rent to students would also do rentals for less than a year, but maybe not.

I attempted to rent a bass from my son's high school a few months ago. I know the school owns about 6 basses and they only have 2 bass players right now. They ran it up their administrative flagpole and decided their policy is only to rent instruments to students.