Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by TizzleNizz, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Can anyone tell me a good place to do rentals?

i called most the music store and school, and they either dont rent basses, or dont have enough, or have a minimum of 12 months rental.. and since i wont be here that long, i cant get it..

oh by the way, i'm in Madison Wisconsin
  2. FidgetStone

Jun 30, 2002
    Allen, TX
    I have no idea of where specifically to rent in Madison, but I can tell you from my own experience that renting is a very sound idea. (pun intended) Renting will help you develop your ear for the sound that you are looking for and give you a great point of reference as to the sound and playability of other basses if you decide to purchase in the future.

Do an internet search on "luthier AND Wisconsin" and I am sure you will get some hits. Also check out Bob G.'s luthier list at

Good Luck . . .
  3. Thanks for the tip. i'll check out his site and keep you guys updated.
  4. sejarus

May 8, 2002
    I'm in Milwaukee. Beihoff Music is a local chain here. I rented a cello from them for 3 months a while back. I assume they do the same thing for bass. I would think other music stores that rent to students would also do rentals for less than a year, but maybe not.

I attempted to rent a bass from my son's high school a few months ago. I know the school owns about 6 basses and they only have 2 bass players right now. They ran it up their administrative flagpole and decided their policy is only to rent instruments to students.