repainting my bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by skunx, Jul 1, 2004.

1. skunx

Jul 1, 2004
    Northern Ireland

This is my first post so hello and thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide. I'm about to start customising a pretty cheap Westfield Jazz bass, basically cuz im bored of it and i played it so much that the complete electrics rig up is shot.

I would love to repaint it the same colour as Mark Hoppuses (blink 182) current bass...that shocking girly pink colour.

i really need some advice on taking the current paint off the body of my guitar and repainting it, i.e. is guitar paint available to buy, is there an alternative, how do you gloss it after painting it etc etc etc.

if you can help in any way i'd appreciate it greatly. :help:

2. will be able to answer any questions you might have. Before you get started, you might want to ask yourself if it's worth it.

The paint and the materials needed do do the job right can run over $100 easy, and when you combine that with what sounds like a need to gut the electronics and start over...

... it might be better to just tuck that bass away and put the money into something else.

Your call, of course. Paint it with a brush and catsup, if ya want. ;)

If you do paint it, definitely check out reranch. Great info on diy jobs and they have anything you'd need to do the job. As far as paint goes, the lacquers, polyurethanes and stains used to paint guitars isn't anything specially made. Any woodworking shop will carry stuff you can use, but they may not stock Mark Hoppus Pink. ;)

3. Aw jeez... where are my manners?

Welcome to TB!!!

4. Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    Why not just go Kurt Cobain style and get some housepaint?

Also...what the hell is catsup?