1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Repair a Hartke 10"?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by azureblue, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Dang- I fired up my rig and one of the 10's in my Hartke XL 2.5 now has a buzz that gets louder the more I play. I was pushing it with an SWR basic redface 350, so I doubt I blew it. My guess is it is separating, so I was wondering if it can be reglued. Or maybe somebody has a replacement F/S?

2. Chinguschild

Chinguschild

Apr 17, 2006
    Chico, Cali
    More often than not the dust cap tend to start coming unglued. Go buy a tube of Goop (its available at your local wal-mart and yes it is actually called that). Take the grille off and lay the cabinet on its back. Place the dustcap center or close if it has fully removed itself and smear a decent sized bead around the leading edge of the cap. If you have something to weight the cap with and not dent it use it. Let it sit overnight before playing.

No force of god will allow the cap to come apart again.

Good luck!

3. derrico1

derrico1 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Charlottesville, VA
    check that it's not just the dustcap.

4. I think you're right about the dust cap. And I have GOOP on hand, and here's another use for it- fixing speakers. And the speaker will get a full inspection.. Thanks..

5. Chinguschild

Chinguschild

Apr 17, 2006
    Chico, Cali

Then you understand how AMAZING that stuff is. Hahaha.

Let me know what you find! :bassist:

6. rok51

rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    ...and messy!

Kim

7. I almost accidentally glued a screwdriver to the workbench with it. Amazing stuff. Thanks...