Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

repair costs for my sansamp?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bigwig, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Bigwig

Bigwig

Dec 27, 2003
    Grimcity
    Hello there, its been a while since I've ventured to talkbass, due to computer troubles. But its good to be back.
    In the past couple months, my Sansamp Bass DI has been giving me NOTHING but feedback (pure pure buzz, no signal from my bass at all). The buzzing only ceases when I engage the 'Ground Control' feature. I have no idea why this stops the buzzing, but it does. However, when this feature is engaged, it takes alot of volume out of my bass signal, so playing along with my band is out of the question. Since its began doing this, I have not had the cash, nor the drive to bring it in and get it fixed. And sadly, I've been running straight into my head. Its one of the older models, and i bought it used, so warranty is not something i can fall back on.
    I was just wondering if anyone has had this same problem, and if so, what kind of costs am I looking at to fix it.
    Replacing this would be a pain in my wallet, and i dont think i have 250 to blow on another one, but at the same time, this little box works absolute magic for my sound. I'm in a bit of a pickle, and with some big shows lined up, I think its time I start really making my bass sound how i want it.

2. Check with the guys at tech21, they usually give faily quick replies, is it still under warranty ?

Also, i think they are only about $180 ish now anyway :)

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Shoot an email to info@tech21nyc.com. If it's under warranty they can help you out, if it's not, they made it, they know how to fix it ;)

4. LMAO :smug:

Remeber guys, keep your posts short and sweet otherwise no one can be bothered to make it all the way threw. :D

5. Bigwig

Bigwig

Dec 27, 2003
    Grimcity
    haha good point. but no, (and tplyons, you were who i bought it off of, you should know about its warranty options more than anyone).

6. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Wow, that one, I was actually starting to miss having it around. Strange...

Shoot the guys at Tech21 an email. I'll drive over there and bash some heads if I gotta.

7. Bigwig

Bigwig

Dec 27, 2003
    Grimcity
    Ya, shes was a beaut, and worked perfectly for about 6 - 8 months. So you certainly kept up your end of the deal. But some extra hands for head bashing would be perfect if needed.

8. I thought they had a transferable waranty for some reason, my bad

9. Bigwig

Bigwig

Dec 27, 2003
    Grimcity
    Hey, I got through to someone at Tech 21, and just incase anyones interested (or this happens to anyone in the future..) I decided I'd post his email.

I'm really hoping its a connection problem, since it would be alot easier to fix (and alot easier on the wallet).