Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Repeat Offender!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by grooveguru, Aug 4, 2003.

1. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Wanted Dead or Alive:
    Gard

I've been used and abused by Gard before but yet I keep going back for more. He made me buy this today:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Korina 535 w/Wenge Neck

"He has offically been moved into a van down by the river" signed Mrs. Grooveguru!

2. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    What a big jerk!

(nice MTD!! Congrats!)

3. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    ...who, me????

:confused:

4. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Yeah you ya "Big Lug" You had me at "MTD" ;)

5. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Nice one! Congrats.

6. pistoleroace

pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    WI
    Hey Groove, nice bass! I didn't see that one one their Web site, was it used or new? Is that a solid body?

A MTD is next on my list if I could find a nice, used and reasonably priced 535 with a Wenge neck.

http://community.webshots.com/user/pistoleroace

7. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Shawn a guy from Toronto has one for sale. E-mail me and I'll give you the info!

8. pistoleroace

pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    WI
    Thanks Groove but I would have to relieve myself of my other Roscoe LG 3005 in Buckeye Burl and my Warwick Thumb 4 NT before I could do it. I am enjoying my newly aquired F Bass and was worth selling my Roscoe Afzelia to do it. I will miss the Roscoe though.

I have been wanting an MTD 535 for a couple of years now but just have not been able to get myself to spend $3000-$3200 on a new one.

Was yours used? I visit Bass Central's Web site just about every day and didn't see your's listed.

9. You should slap him :D Evil Gard...

10. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Yeah the MTD is used "Just Barely Though" and from what I understand it came in either today or Saturday. Woo Hoo I've been looking for a Wenge neck model for awhile now. On the MTD site Mike describes the Wenge/Korina combo as:"The Korina bass with a wenge neck has a unique growl and presence with tremendous cut and punch." Just what the doctor ordered! :D

"GAS is cured" Just ask my wife!

11. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    as soon as my hand touches that door i can feel it.....
    well i just got a promotion..so im savin to buy a bass and rig at the get to gether..
    :D

steve

12. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    groove - You uttered the magic words first: "Do ya have any used MTD's?"

It's all your own fault! ;)

By the way, Mike's description of the tone of korina & wenge is dead on - very growly & punchy, it will cut without being obnoxious.

pistol - This particular one didn't make it to the webpage yet! It actually came in on Friday, and the groovster happened to pick the right moment to ask, before anyone else saw it.

NBP66 - I don't recommend it, I hit back! :p

van - yup, that's me, a big jerk. :D

Steve - You ain't been 'round the store in a while, you been too busy playin' with YOUR MTD? :)

13. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    i meant to stop by last sat..but got side tracked...work to buy a new cab..but ill stop by this sat. fo' sho'!! HOLLA!!!
    haha...no not playin the mtd yet..but very very close..so close i can just imagine me and the mtd in bed....what a min.....gard want to join :eek: just playin....

steve

14. Ain't my body on the line :D LoL

15. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    [​IMG]

Nice!

Although I believe that's really Gard in those pictures talking me into that MTD. I've been "living in the van down by the river" ever since he sold me my Roscoe and the wife booted me! ;)

16. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Haha, each time I hear one of these stories about Gard he reminds me more and more of a crack dealer...:eek: :D

When I get some cash, I'm hesitating about going to Gard... I'll be broke before I know it!:D

17. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Remember he's under the spell of "The Beaver" Woooo, spooky stuff!! :eek:

Seriously, the boys at BC will take care of you!

18. Kubla Khan

Kubla Khan

Jan 29, 2001
    As usual, you have GREAT taste. Look at that big ol' chunk of wenge!

Congrats, review waiting.
    Kubla Khan