Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Replace Aerodyne Jazz Bridge

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by B166ER, Jan 1, 2004.

1. I've been wanting to put a new bridge on my Fender Aerodyne Jazz but don't know if I can. The bridge is recessed back into the carved bass top. I want to replace it with a badass II bridge but it's bigger than the standard size bridge so it won't fit, what should I do?
    You can look at the bass a fender.com or maybe you've seen it in the musiciansfriend catalog.

2. You might try finding an original BadAss bridge. These had a smaller footprint chassis but were slightly thicker than the BA II's. Same saddle style. I had one on my '76 P and it was tremendous. I've seen them on ebay occasionally. One should fit your cavity pretty well.

3. why dont u have the badass 2 bridge recessed , o u could get a block of wood cut to fit in were the recessed the stock bridge.

side note is this the p/j jazz or the j/j jazz
    i played one with the j/j setup and was blown away.

4. :rolleyes:

5. Does anyone know the dimensions for the badass II bridge? The website doesn't help any though.

6. pseek

pseek

Jun 17, 2004
    Netherlands
    I've got an aerodyne and I put a BAII on it with no problem, It's a little late but give it a try.

7. So, any luck on finding a suitable bridge for the Aerodyne? I've had one myself for a little while, and I am trying to figure out what to do.
    -T-Bass