1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Replace Aerodyne Jazz Bridge

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by B166ER, Jan 1, 2004.

1. I've been wanting to put a new bridge on my Fender Aerodyne Jazz but don't know if I can. The bridge is recessed back into the carved bass top. I want to replace it with a badass II bridge but it's bigger than the standard size bridge so it won't fit, what should I do?
    You can look at the bass a fender.com or maybe you've seen it in the musiciansfriend catalog.

2. You might try finding an original BadAss bridge. These had a smaller footprint chassis but were slightly thicker than the BA II's. Same saddle style. I had one on my '76 P and it was tremendous. I've seen them on ebay occasionally. One should fit your cavity pretty well.

3. why dont u have the badass 2 bridge recessed , o u could get a block of wood cut to fit in were the recessed the stock bridge.

side note is this the p/j jazz or the j/j jazz
    i played one with the j/j setup and was blown away.

4. :rolleyes:

5. Does anyone know the dimensions for the badass II bridge? The website doesn't help any though.

6. pseek

pseek

Jun 17, 2004
    Netherlands
    I've got an aerodyne and I put a BAII on it with no problem, It's a little late but give it a try.

7. So, any luck on finding a suitable bridge for the Aerodyne? I've had one myself for a little while, and I am trying to figure out what to do.
    -T-Bass