Replace EMG system w/ Sadowsky?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by rojo412, Feb 22, 2003.

1. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    I just found out that Sadowsky offers their onboard preamp as a kit and they sell the soapbar pickups as well. I have a Modulus Q5 with a BQC system and P5s. Well, I was going to switch to the DCs instead, but found out that Sadowsky offers all this other fancy gear that I could put in with no complications. :eek: The soapbars and preamp can be had for about $400 and change. The DC's added (at retail pricing) would run me about $200, pickups only.

I sent a question his way, but wanted to get some input from people who don't own a company (no offense to anyone who does). For people who've used both Sadowsky and EMG systems, what's the comparison (output, parameters, smoothness, etc)? Are the Sadowsky Soapbars Dual Coil? What's the output (in ohms or in comparison to the DC)?
    I have played pretty much every EMG preamp and played 2 Sadowsky basses in my life. I know that mainly the toss-up factors in my mind are "Sadowsky Reputation and Active/Passive operation vs. EMG Midrange control and they are already on there."

And the money issue: Well, I am not rich by any means. I will eventually have to sell whatever I don't use. But Ebay RULES for that, so if I buy a whole new Sadowsky system, I can sell the EMG system and then the upgrade cost becomes the difference between them and that's not too bad. ($430 (SAD)- 200 (EMG) = $230 to have a Sadowskulus (or Modowsky).)