1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Replaced the speaker in my Workingman 10 with a DeltaLite

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Gintaras, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Gintaras

Gintaras

Dec 11, 2004
    Kent Island, Md.
    I love to tinker with everything I own and was reading a thread on GS112 and using Deltalite for a speaker replacement. I have one so immediately read the thread
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289087

There were points made about the deltalite and sounded just what I needed to make the workingman 10 more than just an exceptable practice and small gig amp. There was a new Deltalite that the owner acquired from Avatar that was on the bay. Picked it up for $59. I put it in this afternoon and it the difference was more than I expected. My 5th string was a definite improvement and the generally tinny sound went away. Everything sounded fuller and clearer (especially the highs) and the tone was improved. My Grendel 5 had very zingy highs through this amp and know they are cleaner and fuller. Looking forward to taking it out next tuesday where I play with a group of acoustic guitarists.

The last benefit is that the combo is almost 6 lbs later!!!!

2. sweet! tell us how it is next tuesday! sounds cool.

3. bad5x8

bad5x8

Sep 17, 2006
    Kansas City, MO
    Did you use an 8ohm speaker or a 4ohm speaker....the later will get the full 100 watts out of the amp..

I'm thinking of doing the same with a 4ohm speaker.
    Thanks,
    Blake

4. Gintaras

Gintaras

Dec 11, 2004
    Kent Island, Md.
    I did it with a 8 ohm speaker because it was a great deal on the bay. I would get a 4 ohm if I was buying one at retail price. Of course using the 4 ohm would not allow me to use the external speaker option.