1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Replacement 12" for Schroeder 310212 cabinet

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mrossi, Apr 22, 2009.

1. mrossi

mrossi

Apr 21, 2009
    Colorado
    Greetings - this is my first post so aplogize if it is posted in the wrong spot.

I recently picked up a Schroeder 310212 cabinet that is missing one of the 12's. Jorg uses an arragement of 16,8 and 4 ohm speakers wired in a series/parallel scheme to net at a 4 ohm load. The existing 12" is an Eminence with a 4ohm load (I assume 400W) and cannot for the life of me find another matched 4 ohm driver to add in.

Wattage may also be a concern - this is a sealed enclosure and is rated (fully loaded) at 2100W - I am currenty pushing this with a Peavey CS800S which is bridged to 1200W Any suggestions or ideas on what happens (damage) if I am a bit underpowered with this beast of a cabinet? Thanks folks!

2. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    Call Jorg and ask for a replacement. If there is a speaker actually missing do NOT use the cabinet. With a 12" hole in the cabinet all the other speakers will be unloaded and very easily damaged.

Paul

3. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Just get the manufacturer replacement, imho :)

4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    And, underpowering is a total myth. Get a replacement from Jorg, and rock that cab.

5. jleguy

jleguy Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2006
    DC Metro
    My understanding is that Jorg will sell you a replacement driver at cost for his cabs. At least that is what I have heard on other Schreoder threads on this board (use the search function my friend). Jorg is simply second to none to deal with in cutomer service (I know from personal experience), even if it is a used cab of his you bought. And for what it is worth, his light cabs are know using Celestion neos instead of the Eminence neo drivers, but I don't think the cab you ask about is a light...