replacement 12" speakers

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Scamp73, Mar 13, 2010.

  1. Scamp73


    Jan 20, 2010
    Ok, I have a Hartke 2 X 12 that I need to replace the speakers thanks to the UPS man. The speakers need to be at least 150 watts each preferrably 200+ and 8 ohms each =4ohms. I would love to cut down on weight as well. I would love to hear your suggestions and where to get the speakers from for the best $..
  2. billfitzmaurice

    billfitzmaurice Commercial User

    Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    Successfully swapping drivers requires knowing what all this stuff means:

    Otherwise you're best off with original replacements. You could get virtual duplicates if you knew the T/S specs of the originals to compare against replacements, but no manufacturer will tell you what they are.
  3. Scamp73


    Jan 20, 2010
    The origionals are Hartke aluminum cone 150 watt 8ohm speakers. I would like to stay as close to the origional as possible with a possible gain in wattage? and maybe less weight?? I am not partial to alum vs. Paper.
  4. Rick Auricchio

    Rick Auricchio Registered Bass Offender

    Your best bet is to contact Hartke for replacements. They'll know exactly what the cab was designed for (since they designed it!).

    If they have improved drivers that are compatible with your cab, they'll let you know.
  5. Primary

    Primary TB Assistant

    Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

    Jun 12, 2021

Share This Page