1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Replacement 12's for Eden Cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Single Coil, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Single Coil

Single Coil Supporting Member

Apr 8, 2006
    I'm currently having an Eden CX-212 cabinet refurbished for me and am wondering if anybody has any recommendations regarding which drivers to use. I was thinking about Eminence Deltalite 2512's but I noticed they're rated only down to 58 Hz and was wondering if they would have enough low end for this to be a standalone cab.

Any opinions/information would be welcome. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Hi, SC - Assuming your present speakers are toasted... that's such a jaw-dropping cab, I'd personally not want to goof it up by dropping in a non-perfect replacement match.
    Why not contact Eden Customer service and axe them exactly what replacements would go in there... and If they might have a couple... could you buy them from them? Heck, they'll probably think you're such a Nice Guy, you'll get them for free! (We can dream, right?)

You could also consider getting the originals re-coned.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  3. Single Coil

Single Coil Supporting Member

Apr 8, 2006
    I had initially thought about going ultra cheap (Carvin's $59 12's) and using the cab for practice only, but that seems like a waste of a good cab.

I called Eden and they told me that the original drivers are no longer made; they suggested using the 12's that come in the XST series. The original speakers had the tweeter built into the drivers themselves; this would mean that my cab would have no tweeter option since there is no room for a tweeter in the cab.

The 12's in the XST series are a cast frame design and are rated down to 40 Hz.

Are there any owners of the XST series that would like to chime in with their opinions? I know my cab is not the same shape, but any opinions would be welcome.