Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Replacement 75 fenderJazz block inlay neck?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fetch Da bass, Jul 1, 2002.

1. Does anyone know where I can find a company that makes a neck like the 75 jazz bass,, with block inlays on the (Maple) fretboard and white binding around the neck?...Please help me please!!!!!:)

2. Warmoth will do bound necks with block inlays.

Mike

3. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    warmoth usually has something cookin' in their thrift shop. i got mine that way, cause they actually dont take offers for a custom order black block inlay neck.

also be careful, cause warmie necks can be heavy. made my bass have neck dive.

4. Fortunately, at the moment they seem to be doing the bound/block necks in runs. From the Bass necks -> binding/inlay page:

Mike

5. Thanks Mike I'am going over to Warmoth right now ...

6. Brooks

Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
  7. What is Corian? thats what Warmoth uses for the block inlay on the fingerboard. What does it look like.?..what does that other company use?.... Essex! he he.... I thought about that one but there's something cheap about the way the hole for the truss rod is.... looks kinda Squier like..... I think the Essex only has the block inly but not the binding around the neck... Fu#ck why doesn't someome just sell me their Fender 75 Jazz reissue MIA or MIJ with a maple board. then I won't have to do all this shopping around......

Why because we are better because we ripen on the vine? thats why! those damn talkin tomato's":eek:

8. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    I want the same thing, pretty much. Maple board with black binding and black block inlays but on a 5 string neck.