1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Replacement bridge for an Ibanez die-cast 6

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by tfernandez, Oct 5, 2013.

1. tfernandez

tfernandez

Jul 5, 2010
    I have an old 1996 Sr1206. Some of the screws and springs on the bridge are a bit oxidized and the over-all string loading system is poorly designed. I have looked at a few of the more common replacement bridges, most of the anchoring screws don't match up. I'm trying to avoid as much filling and drilling work at possible. perhaps one of you know of a decent replacement bridge? here is a picture of the bridge form the parts website.

thanks,
    Terran

Attached Files:

2. JustForSport

JustForSport

Nov 17, 2011
    I bought a '96 SR506 that had same style bridge, and co-incidentally a Hohner B-Bass VI made in same factory, and both had bridges that had started a slight upturn at the anchor end.
    I replaced both with single-string bridges and really like the string vibration isolation.
    Just filled the prev holes and slightly staggered the single-string bridges with new holes.
    I also used automotive oval-head screws as they are a bit stronger than those that came with the bridges and what most wood screws are.