1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Replacement bridge for an older carvin

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MobileHolmes, Dec 31, 2006.

1. MobileHolmes

MobileHolmes I used to be BassoP

Nov 4, 2006
    Iowa
    I've got a 94 carvin 6 and am not wild about the bridge on it (wilkinson). I play pretty light strings, and they don't give adequate downforce on the saddles when I play close to the bridge. Would a hipshot or something work as a direct replacement? I suppose if necessary, I could drill more holes, but would rather not.

2. WoodyG3

WoodyG3

May 6, 2003
    Colorado, USA
  3. Musiclogic

Musiclogic Commercial User

Aug 6, 2005
    Southwest Michigan
    Owner/Builder: HJC Customs USA, The Cool Lute, C G O
    Look at Schaller, Hipshot is always well recieved, gotoh, ABM I don't know if anything is going to screw down exactly, but these are some options

4. g00eY

g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    i don't think anything will replace the Wilkinson exactly. the baseplate is flippin huge.

5. MobileHolmes

MobileHolmes I used to be BassoP

Nov 4, 2006
    Iowa

This is true, and the wood has darkened pretty dramatically over the years, so it could look pretty funny. I'm stilll trying to decide If I have a problem or not. The bass sounds good, it just feels flimsy if I pick too hard next to the bridge.

6. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    I used to have a '94 Carvin LB76, and yeah I didn't care too much for that Wilkinson bridge either. If I still had that bass, the bridge would've been replaced with a Hipshot by now.