Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Replacement bridge for Kramer XL-24 and The Duke

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by psi, Feb 12, 2006.

1. psi

psi

Mar 11, 2005
    New Jersey
    Hi I'm looking to purchase a replacement bridge primarily for my XL-24 but also for The Duke. The only requirement I'm putting on my purchase is that I want the bridge to allow for tight string spacing (Think "vintage"-tight, like 14 or 15mm). A few Kahler bridges, particularly the 2440 and 2400 models, fit this requirement. You can check out the specs of those here. Are these Kahler bridges "compatible" with my XL-24 and The Duke? Naturally, I'd like to do the swap with as little modding as possible, preferably NO modding... but I know that's wishful thinking. The Hipshot bridges as well as the Warmoth bridges I looked at do not provide this string spacing. Are there any other manufacturers I'm overlooking?

So here's my question: What bridge fits both the XL-24 and The Duke with as little modding as possible and that adjusts to very tight string spacing?

Thanks guys.