1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Replacement bridge for this bass:

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by fetfet, Sep 12, 2008.

1. fetfet

fetfet

Apr 13, 2008
    Toronto, ON
    Hi

I'm looking to buy this bass, and most reviews i've read have said to replace the bridge. With what?

I know of no bridge that has one mounting hole, and if somebody knows od one, or a suitable replacement bridge, please let me know.

Thanks.

2. Why do you think it has one mounting hole?

3. fetfet

fetfet

Apr 13, 2008
    Toronto, ON
    I've seen this bass in person, and it's only got one mounting hole.

4. Just replace it with a bridge that has more holes...

5. fetfet

fetfet

Apr 13, 2008
    Toronto, ON
    Do you have any suggestions?

6. What's the problem with it?
    Josh

7. fetfet

fetfet

Apr 13, 2008
    Toronto, ON
    I've heard it's incredibly hard to intonate all the strings.

8. Hipshot A comes to mind. It has string-thru holes, and allows for top-loading.

9. fetfet

fetfet

Apr 13, 2008
    Toronto, ON
    The center hole wouldn't line up with the hipshot A. I'm thinking about the Badass 3

10. Who says it has to? It'll be hidden under the bridge.

11. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

You can buy 2-saddle style replacements that have each string's saddle offset slightly. Those are supposed to be an improvement.

Question is - will anyone be able to hear the difference?? How often do you play up past the 12th fret? I seldom do, so it wouldn't matter to me.

If you think so, try the replacement saddles - or get a bridge that suits you and drill more holes. I'd stick with a classic, period-appropriate Fender bridge myownself.

12. fetfet

fetfet

Apr 13, 2008
    Toronto, ON
    Thanks for the tips.

I do play up above the 12th fret alot, so intonation is important.

13. gordon kula

gordon kula

Jul 30, 2006
    Detroit
    I'd go with a badass bridge for better string to string balance and awesome sustain, you can always put a bridge cover over the bridge to give it a better vintage vibe that it already has.

14. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

If you go the BA route, make sure you can cover the Badass with a bridge cover. I know you can cover the standard Fender bridge - I'm not sure about the Badass. Visually (IMO) the Badass doesn't look right on that bass.