Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Replacement cord for GK combo?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rogerbmiller, Jan 9, 2005.

1. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Anyone know where I can find a replacement cord for my 1986 GK combo. I think it is the bodel RB200. I put it in storage for a few years. I retrieved the amp but cannot find the cord. The receptacle on the amp reads 3A 125V 60Hz. Any idea where I can find a replacement cord without having to go to GK and spend a fortune? Thanks!

2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    If the receptacle on the back of the amp is just like the one on the back of your computer, you can get one anywhere that sells computer equipment...or see if your local music store or used gear store have any that they'll give you or sell cheap.

If it's different than that, you'll have to ask GK or post a picture here and we'll see what we can do...

3. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Guys I am having crap for luck. My computer cords don't work and GK doesn't return calls. Any suggestions???

4. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    GK Service
    1 209 234 7300 ext 126
    Ask for Arnel :)

Remember Califonia is 3 hours behind us here in NYC.

5. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    That or PM Daniel Elliot (he works for G-K) and ask for help.

I actually have called upon G-K a few times and have had excellent, excellent service...

6. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Well I have a PC power cord, but the specs are different. They say 10A 125V and something else. Don't know if this would be compatible or if I would kill all power in Manhattan. Can I use this cord? The female end doesn't fit as tightly as the original did but it does fit.

Sorry to ask such a dumb question but I know nothing about amps or electronics.

7. tkarter

tkarter

Jan 1, 2003
    kansas
    Use the computer cord it won't hurt anything.

IMHO

tk