1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Replacement Driver Mackie 824mk1

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by rufus.K, Jan 5, 2016.

1. rufus.K

rufus.K Supporting Member

Oct 18, 2015
    SoCal
    I just blew a driver on my 824 mk1's. The coil is fine, it plays a low levels fine, but this buzzing just started commensurate with added low freq. It sounded like the dust cap was whizzing, and it did have a dent, so I cut it off. Sure enough, the aluminum cylinder that the voice coil is wound around had torn. never seen it happen like that before. Right now Ive got some space age glue drying on it, and it will limp it along for a bit, but I gotta replace it.
    Its impossible to find one. for the mk2 variant, I can find them all day. Anyone got any leads, or a part number, maybe an old odd one collecting dust I can rape?

2. rufus.K

rufus.K Supporting Member

Oct 18, 2015
    SoCal
    So cut the dust cap out to show the Crack in the voice coil . I applied space age sticky goo on it and let it cure for 24hrs.
    Plays like a darn champion again

Attached Files:

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 16, 2021