Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Replacement for Fishman Bass Blender?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by jtlownds, Jun 28, 2005.

1. jtlownds

jtlownds

Oct 3, 2004
    LaBelle, FL
    For the last few years, I have been using a Fishman bass blender, attached to my bass stand. It provides some extra gain to the FC, and its handy to have the eq and volume controls right beside you. I occassionaly blend a mike with the FC. About 7 weeks ago it quit, and has been in the shop since. The tech called today, and he is not sure that he can repair it. Fishman discontinued the bass blender a few years ago. They make the pocket blender, which is pretty close, but does not have XLR input. Do you guys known of any other company that makes a 2 channel preamp that will mount on my bass stand (Hamilton) with both 1/4 and XLR input? :meh:

2. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    Could you use an adapter to make the XLR into a 1/4 plug?

Or check out the D-Tar Solstice.

3. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    The D-Tar Solstice will indeed do what you want if you buy the optional mic stand mount. You'd need to also buy one of those all-purpose clamps that will clamp to your stand (or anything else).

The only caveat is that the D-Tar is a little large for this...

4. jtlownds

jtlownds

Oct 3, 2004
    LaBelle, FL
    Freddels & Mike, thanks for the heads up on the D-Tar. I'm going to give my tech a couple more days to fix the Bass Blender, and if he can't, I'll probably buy the D-Tar. It looks like Bob Gollihur has them in stock. Thanks again :D

5. Hi , just read your post about the Bass Blender - I've got my spare up for sale on e-bay (and in the classified section here) if you're interested ! You're right they are the mutts nuts and I wouldn't be without mine - I'm open to offers on the spare though . It's NEVER been used , not even had a battery in it , and is still in it's box with instructions and warranty card ! Look on e-bay for pictures of it . ;) ;) ;)

6. jtlownds

jtlownds

Oct 3, 2004
    LaBelle, FL
    Thanks for the offer Andy. I saw your ad yesterday. Unfortunately, I ordered the D-Tar Solstice from Bob Gollihur last week. It should arrive here today. Your right about the blender, I feel naked playing without it.