Replacement for Fishman Bass Blender?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by jtlownds, Jun 28, 2005.

1. jtlownds

Oct 3, 2004
    LaBelle, FL
    For the last few years, I have been using a Fishman bass blender, attached to my bass stand. It provides some extra gain to the FC, and its handy to have the eq and volume controls right beside you. I occassionaly blend a mike with the FC. About 7 weeks ago it quit, and has been in the shop since. The tech called today, and he is not sure that he can repair it. Fishman discontinued the bass blender a few years ago. They make the pocket blender, which is pretty close, but does not have XLR input. Do you guys known of any other company that makes a 2 channel preamp that will mount on my bass stand (Hamilton) with both 1/4 and XLR input? :meh:
  2. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    Could you use an adapter to make the XLR into a 1/4 plug?

Or check out the D-Tar Solstice.
  3. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    The D-Tar Solstice will indeed do what you want if you buy the optional mic stand mount. You'd need to also buy one of those all-purpose clamps that will clamp to your stand (or anything else).

The only caveat is that the D-Tar is a little large for this...
  4. jtlownds

Oct 3, 2004
    LaBelle, FL
    Freddels & Mike, thanks for the heads up on the D-Tar. I'm going to give my tech a couple more days to fix the Bass Blender, and if he can't, I'll probably buy the D-Tar. It looks like Bob Gollihur has them in stock. Thanks again :D
  5. Hi , just read your post about the Bass Blender - I've got my spare up for sale on e-bay (and in the classified section here) if you're interested ! You're right they are the mutts nuts and I wouldn't be without mine - I'm open to offers on the spare though . It's NEVER been used , not even had a battery in it , and is still in it's box with instructions and warranty card ! Look on e-bay for pictures of it . ;) ;) ;)
  6. jtlownds

Oct 3, 2004
    LaBelle, FL
    Thanks for the offer Andy. I saw your ad yesterday. Unfortunately, I ordered the D-Tar Solstice from Bob Gollihur last week. It should arrive here today. Your right about the blender, I feel naked playing without it.