Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Replacement for Gibson style brigde

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by ChocolatyShatnr, May 3, 2002.

1. ChocolatyShatnr

ChocolatyShatnr

May 3, 2002
    Hello, I have an Epi Jack Casady bass with a bridge like those found on the Gibson EB series basses. I would like a bridge with individualy adjustable string height. Do any exist?

2. drd07

drd07

Jan 19, 2003
    Bump

Yes, this thread is ancient, but I'm in the same situation. I love the Jack Casady, but I find that the "A" string is higher than the rest. This really effects the way the bass is set up! Anyone?

3. As someone pointed out earlier on another thread, the badass bridge was invented to replace these specific bridges.

Here's one.

[​IMG]

You can purchse these
    bridges

HERE

;) Treena[​IMG]

4. drd07

drd07

Jan 19, 2003
    Hi Treena,
    Really? Will that bridge that you posted work on the Jack Casady? I thought that I might have some trouble since it is a 3 point bridge.

5. This is the post I'm talking about............

I can see that the 3 point is a problem. Maybe if you post this question in the SET UP Forum, Hambone or someone can help you out! The thread won't get burried over there!

I do think you might find some help with the Gibson Bridges at..........

http://www.fretnotguitarrepair.com/_private/toneprobridges.htm

[​IMG]
    Treena

6. I dont think it would work cause of the casady's arched top, can anybody confirm this?

7. You guys are correct. The Jack Casady is hollow with an arched top and that precludes the use of the BadAss.

When I stated the above about the BA, I was referring to the EB, Artist, a few other models that used the 3 point "floater" style bridge. These are all solidbodies though.

I'm short of advice on what you might use on the JC to get around this problem.

Sorry for the confusion.

8. The confusion was on my behalf and I apologize if I caused you any problems Hambone!

[​IMG]
    Treena