Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Replacement neck for a Warwick Streamer Studio

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tash, Feb 14, 2005.

1. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    I've got a Streamer Studio lying around in pretty beat up shape (neck warped, brdige rusted). I'm thinking of replacing the bridge and getting a new neck with a fretless fingerboard. Any suggestions on where to go for a new neck?

2. i would be very surprised if you couldn't get a new neck direct from warwick themselves drop them an email.

And out of interest any pics of this bass? i personally have never heard of a Streamer Studio?

3. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    It looks like a regular Streamer model but with a walnut bolt on neck and rosewood fingerboard. Its out of production now as far as I can tell. Nothing special, bought it 5 years ago to replace my very beat up 1978 4001/3 (I've been told both models, by rickenbacker, yes I still have it, no its not for sale) and promptly had the neck warp on me the first summer (don't ever buy anything walnut if you live in Maryland!). Managed to get it "fixed" with a good setup, was warped again by the next fall...repeat a few more times, the neck is unplayable, the bass gets retired when I buy my ESP.

Fast forward 2 years, I keep tripping over the Warwick in its gig bag, while at the same time wanting to finally buy a fretless of my own...the proverbial lightbulb goes off...