Replacement Neck for an Ibanez TR50

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Freekmagnet, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Could anyone point me in the direction of a replacement neck for an Ibanez TR50? It doesn't have to be an Ibanez neck; I picked up a loaded body for a project. If I gotta do some sanding to make it fit, that's fine.

Looking at some photos I've seen of some other TR50 necks and bodies, it looks like the neck has a rounded heel with a 22 fret extended fretboard. It looks like a 21 fret neck would work lengthwise. I may be wrong about that, so please correct me if I am.

Thx.

2. Oldschool94

Oldschool94 Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2015
    Dallas, TX
    Did you ever find a solution? I've got one where the neck developed a twist and I'd really like to replace it as I like the bass a lot.

3. Register_To_Disable

4. Not really. I ended up routing the body to fit a Schecter neck I picked up cheap. I gave the bass away to some local kid.

I've seen those basses around for about $75 at a couple of local music stores. They're usually gone he next day.

Oldschool94 likes this.
  5. diegom

diegom

Jun 18, 2008
    Funny... My TR50, which I use as a VBass controller, has also developed a nasty twist... My tr500s, on the other hand, are very solid... Go figure.

Diego

Oldschool94 likes this.
  6. JustForSport

JustForSport

Nov 17, 2011
    High tension strings one side of the neck, low tension on the other?

7. Oldschool94

Oldschool94 Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2015
    Dallas, TX
    Mine had been under someone's bed for 10 years before I pulled it out and set it up.

8. diegom

diegom

Jun 18, 2008
    I got mine used. Using regular .105-.45 set. I suppose the twist was always there, now is just too obvious to ignore...