1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Replacement neck for SX?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by catty, Sep 17, 2010.

1. catty

catty

Mar 25, 2006
    Montana
    Is there a readily available factory replacement for the SX neck? My P-style is too wide for me and I'd like to fit a J.

2. ProfGumby

ProfGumby

Jan 15, 2007
    Michigan's U.P.
    Rondo has replacement necks in their parts section fairly often. There are none there as of this morning however...

Any Fender spec neck should fit the body. I say this with the thought in mind that even though the neck pocket standard is 2 1/2 inches this will vary from model to model of SX bass.

You might also want to check out the classifieds. I would have no qualms about putting any 2 1/2 heel width neck on any SX. But I would expect, at the very least, to have to drill, fill and redrill the neck holes on any neck.

I did swap 2 jazz and 1 P bass necks on SX basses. All needed some minor tweaking, but one really needed nothing special at all.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 7, 2021