Replacement Neck?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by gavintheguy, Feb 17, 2004.

1. gavintheguy

gavintheguy Guest

Feb 5, 2004
    I was looking at for a replacement pickguard and came across a replacement neck they had. I am not diggin' the my p-bass neck on my sx and i was hoping to replace it with a maple neck. anyone have experience with these necks that they are offering? :confused:
  2. I've used about 3 of these necks in projects here in the shop and they are underpriced for what you get. These are pretty well made but you'll likely be doing just a little fret dressing before you install it. They come unfinished with just a sanding sealer so you better be ready to do some work there but overall, I'd buy them again.
  3. Hambone, how would you compare these necks to the ones that come stock on the Essex basses? Better, worse, the same?

4. Treena, these are the same necks Rondo is using for the Essex line. I've also used one of their rosewood necks and found it completely fine for most projects in the middle range of instruments. These aren't take-offs, they are completely undrilled except for tuner holes.

For the price, they can't be beat.

5. Thanks Hambone! :)