Replacement neck...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tyler Hole, Jun 25, 2004.

1. Well, I kinda dig the whole fretless thing on my Ibanez, but at the same time I don't since it wasn't that great of a defretting job, but I also kind of want a fretted 4 and since I don't have a lot of cash, I was thinking getting one off of the Rondo Music website and putting it in.

Thing is, yes I know it wouldn't be a dead fit, so if I did get one, what would I possibly have to do to fit it in? I know this wouldn't be the simplest thing to do (or maybe it is, I don't know) and so I for sure would be very careful and take my time with it.

So, what do you all think I would probably encounter when trying to get this in, how would I do it and what is your opinion on it.

2. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I'm sure you'd be able to find another Ibanez bass on eBay. You could swap necks and have a decent project body.
  3. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Or just buy a whole new ibanez bass on ebay Ty. Anything beats a GSR ;) But im thinking that you cant afford it.
  4. Exactly...that's why I would just rather get a neck...and if I wanted I could swap between them ;)
  5. Way too big! I got a PM from Hambone...if I end up doing this I will probably have him do it and a couple other things if he could...