Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

replacement necks in Australia

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FederalFUNK, Jan 24, 2005.

1. FederalFUNK

FederalFUNK

Jan 12, 2005
    does anyone know where i can get a decent P bass neck in australia for a good price my budget is 100-250... would be even more helpful if they were in brisbane...

thanks

2. Yes...from the United states...it would only cost about $50 Australian to ship...most likely you won't any duties on it, either. I've been in Australia for four years and am very disappointed in the exhorbitant costs of music gear here. It is often way cheaper to buy stuff in the US, pay for postage, AND pay the duties, than it is to get anything here. And the selection is much bigger, as well.

3. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    You are likely to find a "name brand" replacement neck cheaper from the US. However I have seen a few Fender style replacement necks hanging up at www.bassplayer.com.au, however I can't comment on pricing so don't know whether they are in your budget.

4. mikeboth

mikeboth The last thing you'll ever see

Jun 14, 2002
    Tallinn, Estonia
    Operator: prophecysound systems
    At that price I reckon your best bet might be to call around repair places or big stores and see if they have anything suitable 'lying around'. What bass is it for?

Mike

5. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    You could always pick up an SX P-Bass copy for $250-$300Aus and either user the neck or the whole bass.

6. i asked about this.. a fender MIA jazz neck costs about $750.00, and i dont think fender australia supplies mexican, japanese or korean replacement necks.

i agree with mark and give bassplayer a call, if they dont have anything within your budget, let em know your situation, they might be able to point you in the right direction.

Also.
    www.ebay.com.au

7. FederalFUNK

FederalFUNK

Jan 12, 2005
    thanks... yeah guitar garage in the valley has a few from memory then theres a repair place up fro mthere i might try... i was thinking warmoth shiped over but ill try that after everything else has failed

and yeah were getting punkd on the cost of amps and guitars here... seriously a MIM fender 900 bucks get outta town.

8. FederalFUNK

FederalFUNK

Jan 12, 2005
    oh and the bass is a old 80s mij P... the maple neck it has has a massive crack thru the head stock... and i was never partial to the maple necks on a bright red bass lol

9. warmoth parts are great quality but a bit pricier than what you were asking for. for genuine fender replacement parts you might try www.guitarpartsresource.com, again pricier, but the genuine article.

When you fix your bass, post a photo. I love p-basses.