1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Replacement nylon collars for Gotoh tuners?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by BklynKen, Jan 17, 2012.

1. The white nylon collars on one of my Gotoh tuners broke off, and it seems silly to have to buy an entirely new tuner just because of that. Anyone know where I can get a replacement? Stew Mac doesn't sell anything like that. Here's a pic of the one missing.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Plucky The Bassist

Plucky The Bassist ZOMG! I'm back from the dead! Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Have you contacted Gotoh? A lot of times the only way to get these parts is through the MFG..this is typically the cheapest way to do it as well.

3. Turnaround

Turnaround Commercial User

May 6, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Independent Instrument Technician, and Contractor to Club Bass and Guitar - Toronto
  4. I will do that, thanks. I was hesitant since they're located in Japan. I was hoping to locate one domestically before approaching them.

5. Nice find! Thanks!

6. JimWasHere

JimWasHere

Sep 8, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Are those Gotoh or Grover?

When I found myself in a similar bind with the grover tuners on my bass I sent an email to them asking, because I couldn't even dig up a part number. They emailed back asking for my address, and a week later a baggie with the parts showed up at my house, no charge.

7. I contacted Guitar Parts Resource and they said those bushings are the wrong size. Hopefully Gotoh themselves will be able to get me a replacement.

8. They're on a Carvin, who told me they're made by Gotoh.

9. Steveaux

Steveaux Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2008
    The Wilds of NW Pa.